Tuesday 19 May 2009

"I am just a speck of dust inside a giant's eye"

Last night was pleasurable. Worn out after a days skate it was good to eat at....is it called...



Followed by visit two to the Union Chapel in less than a month...



Kimya Dawson put on a really good show joined by two thirds of a gang of triplets. Her set included tracks from her latest Alphabutt album which sat comfortably amongst the rest of the material. She reminded me of my favourite primary school teacher. At one point early on she told us how excited she was a 12 year old girl named Blythe in the audience had given her a copy of her first album. She invited her on stage to play a song but when she declined, shy and on the spot, she made her promise to open for her next time she played London. The show was fun and likeable with a poignant ending. People I have spoken to who saw her at The Breeders ATP festival have said similar things. See her if you get the chance. Here's some more of Robs handiwork, a kind of X marks the spot...



Just started this...



and hope to cram this in to my week before I take down the second. I seriously slept on this, unforgivable...



The new Charlie Kauffman film is on the cards too. Checking into Chrome Ball Inciident my attention was drawn to this clip. So sick! Vault it...

1 comment:

B said...

Just came across your blog, and saw the Chilango sign.

Gotta side with you on eating there. Food is fantastic.

I'm actually friends with the owners!