Saturday 2 January 2010

Home disco

Those who know me well know that tidying my room is a work in progress. It's one of those things I'll never complete, like tetris in more ways than one. The down time I've had of late has seen it reach an almost unsurpassed level of order. There is more floor space than ever before and I know where everything is. The floor space has proven to be handy. I have discovered this band...



The lead singer Moussa was born in a wide valley on the border between Mali and Niger, deep in the Sahara desert. The Touareg music he and Aminatou Goumar make as the band Toumast has had me dancing around my room for the last couple of days. Toumast means identity. I only have one song called Ikalene Walegh but I have the album in the post. Give them a listen...



it's good dancing around your bedroom music

No comments: