Friday 19 December 2008

"Rest is not idleness..

.. and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time”-John Lubbock
Little lying beneath the trees took place on my recent trip but from one vantage point a good deal of cloud watching took place. I have returned completely rested. Activities we enjoyed included swimming, snooker, ten pin bowling, mini golf, the third series of Partridge. You get the idea. A majority of time was spent in the spa which has a pool and nine different steam rooms. The last swim was enjoyed late this afternoon. We were evacuating this outdoor salt pool when I noticed a young boy with goggles on making a beeline for me from across the other side of the pool. I instantly did the kung fu leg cross, this is when you cross one of your thighs high above the other. One thing i've learnt is that if a child is swimming anywhere within a 5m radius of yourself-you're getting kicked in the nuts. The kid came straight for me, grabbed me by the shoulder and pulled himself out of the water. The look of shock on his face when he saw that I wasn't his dad could have been in Jaws. He swam off shrieking to his mother and I exited the pool quite amused. Thought I'd share that with you and as a tip of the hat to my Charlie and Toddy inspired dvd accompaniment on the trip-"what a funny story"

No comments: