Wednesday 29 September 2010

Behind The Times

If only last night's final installment was brimming with the happiness of this image...



Apologies to my East Coast Gaywood housemates that the video link up never happened. You boys already know how it pans out, we all did, compelled by morbid curiosity we lived through another forty minutes for some closure. Knowing I'd feel less than liberated afterwards I had this guy on hold...



Having slept on this I was pleased to be treated. I'm easily wowed by the scope of any contemporary animation, after the assault of This Is England 86 I eagerly immersed myself in it. Thoroughly recommended, a real joy. Tonight I'm looking forward to seeing another film I heard nothing but praise for which passed me by...



I find it frustrating knowing this is on the shelves but not in my ears...



It will fill them in a day or so, I'm excited about it. To offer some kind of skateboarding related content to this I'll cut what would be a rant short and tell you what's been bothering me. It's possible for me to get a board from Creature and Santa Cruz in 7.5"right now but not from Alien Workshop, Habitat, Krooked etc. My formula has been the same for years, I deviated from it at one point believing the hype and ran with an 8". One kickflip a hip meltdown later and I returned to square one. At this point in my skateboarding life I still have delusions that new flip tricks can be learnt and that isn't happening for me on a big board. It seems along the way I've become the weirdo. 7.5" board, 51mm wheels used to be standard. Check this out, I offered a kid with a busted piece of driftwood one of my old boards. He looked it over and said "nah I only ride 8's!" You are 11, you do not know yet what you ride! Don't allow some sheep mentality to dictate what you do ride and subsequently do yourself out of what would have been a new board and probably the equivalent of a 9" one taking into account your size 4 feet. Sheesh, I'm glad I got that out there. Flash forward ten years and my 7.5" board requirement may have changed, I'll be ready for that 8" and I won't be able to get one anywhere!

No comments: