Monday 6 September 2010

"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle,

... I no longer despair for the future of the human race" H.G Wells said that. He was born in Bromley and that's where I happen to be now moments away from talking about bicycles. In Berlin acquiring a bicycle is a necessity and we managed to source one on the first day for the princely sum of 5 euros a day. What I got was a surrogate Mule...



Although it's characteristics were almost exactly the same it turned out to be a less hardy imitation. Day one saw a puncture inacapacitating it so the next day I got this from our friendly neighbourhood Rasta bike rental service...



Each bike had 3 gears and a pedal back brake I became quite accustomed to. Even with the fluffy attachments to the brake cable on the first I think bike 2 won in the character stakes...



I think the Spirit Of Fun would be perfect for the lying down Superman. I'll tell you about the restaurant we visited tomorrow

No comments: