Monday 18 August 2008

"I've been trying to get people to call me Johnny Rotten..

...but they keep calling me Freddy Fresh"



Yes The Hold Steady! They are the best band out there at the minute and they're doing an in-store at Rough Trade tonight! I have my ticket for their show later in the year, I'm looking forward to checking out the Unified Scene then but am amped about tonight. Craig Finn is a lyrical powerhouse. Here's an example off their latest release..

"We were kids in the crowd
Now we're dogs in this war

We were wasps with new wings
Now we're bugs in a jar"

The songs read like stories. How exciting. Always a sucker for some animated entertainment, i watched this last night..



My favourite character is the food critic called the Grim eater, funny stuff. I bid you good day.

No comments: