Thursday 30 October 2008

Backing..

..some new music. Ryan Adams and the Cardinals have a new record out but I've only given it one listen. Bonnie Prince Billy released this recently..



It's a live recording recorded during his tour of Scotland and Ireland in 2006. If you are already a fan of his songs it's a welcome addition to a prolific artists extensive catalogue. Usually I tend to steer clear of live recordings but in this case and a few others I make exceptions, they almost become different songs. If you are new to his material it's as good a place as any to start. The next disc I'm backing is one I overlooked despite Guy Rza's encouragement. It came out seven years ago..



An ambitious Neil Young project involving organist Booker T Jones and bassist Donald 'duck' Dunn of Booker T. and the MG's. It's Neil's soul album, at the time it wasn't the sound I was looking for. Right now it's top of the list of my pod appearances. What else am I backing today? Harry Redknapp, David Bentley, Darren Bent, Jermaine Jenas, Aaron Lennon, Arsenal girls team, going skating.

No comments: